What are we doing when we interpret scripture? How does who we are, where we live, and our cultural heritage shape our interpretation of the text? What are the basic considerations to take into account when interpreting scripture?
We perform an exercise in interpretation, and explore these questions more in this special introduction to our special bible class series on gender, by Dean of ACU’s College of Biblical Studies Dr. Ken Cukrowski.
Download this class handout below:
- Introduction – Why Study Gender Roles?
- THE PARABLE OF THE PRODIGAL SON – Five Surprises That Americans Tend to Miss
- An Exercise in Interpretation – Cukrowski
- Gender Roles in Genesis 1-3
- Women In the Old Testament
- Women in the Life and Teachings of Jesus – Dr. Gary Burke
- I Corinthians 11: 2-16
- I Corinthians 14:34
- HOW SHOULD WE CONDUCT OURSELVES IN GOD’S HOUSEHOLD?