Dear Northside Family,
It’s important for us to keep everyone at Northside as up to date as possible about things that impact our church family. We have been made aware that two of our members, who were present at Sunday morning’s worship service, tested positive Tuesday, December 29 for COVID-19. Both of these individuals were asymptomatic at the time. Because it was outdoors and the individuals were wearing masks, we believe the risk to others is low. However, if you are concerned that you might be at risk, we encourage you to contact your primary health provider.
This is an unpredictable disease. We must remain vigilant, especially with numbers rising in San Antonio and with increased stress on our hospitals and health professionals. The risk level in San Antonio is now listed as severe and is worsening.
We will continue to decide each week whether an outdoor worship service will be held. We will make that call no later than Friday each week. Outdoor activities have a lower risk than indoor events, but there is still a risk. If we are able to meet this Sunday, we ask that extra precautions be taken:
- Everyone in a high-risk category is encouraged not to come. Please join us online.
- Those who choose to come, we urge you to wear a mask the entire service. Do not take them off even when you are seated, even when you are singing.
- Please sit at a distance from others and do not hug or shake hands with others.
Taking these sorts of precautions is difficult. We all want to be together. We hope we can continue our weekly outdoor services. But it is crucial that we look out for one another and protect one another, especially with the infection rate so high.
Look for information Friday about this Sunday’s worship service. We have an increased number of our members who have contracted the virus. Please be in prayer for each one. Watch out for one another. Make sure everyone you know is doing okay. If you need to get in touch with someone, send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and someone will get back to you.
Stay strong, Northside. This pandemic will not last forever. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. More importantly, God is still in charge of the universe. We place our hope and our confidence in Him.
Grace and peace,
The Northside COVID-19 Response Team
- Important! – Community Response to Coronavirus
- Message from the Northside COVID-19 Response Team
- Return to Worship at the Building June 7th [Updated June 19]
- Services June 21st Return to Online Only
- Covid-19 Update: When can we return to face-to-face worship?
- COVID-19 Response Team Update – August 21st, 2020
- COVID-19: Q&A with Dr. Bob Frolichstein
- In-person Services Planned for Sunday, September 27
- Join Us for Worship Outside this Sunday
- Update from the COVID-19 Response Team
- COVID-19 Cases and Sunday Worship Notice
- Our plan for returning to “normal”