Dear Northside family,
For several days now, we have been looking at ways we could do our worship services outdoors now that the weather is cooler. One, it is safer outside during the pandemic. And two, we could sing together.
Well, circumstances have now made that an urgent matter. Early Monday morning, a pipe burst under our baptistery, flooding the entire worship center and out into the atrium. It’s a mess. It will take a couple of weeks to assess the damage and several more weeks before everything can be fixed. We simply won’t be able to gather in the worship center for quite some time. So, we are moving outside!
Starting this Sunday, October 25 at 10 a.m., we will begin having one worship service together, outdoors on the northeast side of our building.
There will be several tents for folks to sit under and lots of trees and other shaded areas. We will have a number of chairs already set up, but many of you will want to bring lawn chairs. And you may want to bring water to drink.
We are asking everyone to sit in family groups and to be aware of social distancing. Please wear a mask until you are seated, and then you may choose to remove it. We will provide tables throughout the area with communion supplies. Always be aware of the health and safety needs of those sitting around you.
For those of you who are especially high risk, we encourage you to park in the north parking lot, roll down your windows, and worship in the safety of your cars. We’ll work for you have a clear line of sight to those who are leading worship.
We are planning to live-stream the service for those who need to remain at home.
We will continue to communicate details to you as Sunday approaches. We see this not as a disaster but a great opportunity. With God’s help, there is no obstacle we cannot face. Let’s continue to love and encourage each other. Let’s pray for the end of this pandemic. And it may not be a bad idea to pray that there is no rain Sunday!
Stay strong, Northside family!
- Important! – Community Response to Coronavirus
- Message from the Northside COVID-19 Response Team
- Return to Worship at the Building June 7th [Updated June 19]
- Services June 21st Return to Online Only
- Covid-19 Update: When can we return to face-to-face worship?
- COVID-19 Response Team Update – August 21st, 2020
- COVID-19: Q&A with Dr. Bob Frolichstein
- In-person Services Planned for Sunday, September 27
- Join Us for Worship Outside this Sunday
- Update from the COVID-19 Response Team
- COVID-19 Cases and Sunday Worship Notice
- Our plan for returning to “normal”