Follow along with the mission and get the latest updates
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to subscribe to our newsletter
The São Luís Mission Team, made up of the Dye and Hill families, have been in São Luís, Brasil since late January 2018. They received their training through Great Cities Missions and are supported by Northside along with 5 other congregations; Brentwood Oaks, Kerrville, MacArthur Park, University [Canyon], and Western Hills, all Churches of Christ.
Great Cities Missions has already started churches in 19 of the 26 state capital cities in Brasil, and São Luís will be the 20th, with these families answering God’s call. Each family has committed to a minimum of five years, but will remain in Brasil until the mission has been accomplished.
Leveraging a successful model of Great Cities Missions, the São Luís Mission Team plans to make an impact on this large city with a “main avenue church.” A main avenue church is located on a principle and well-known thoroughfare of the target city, inspiring credibility and ensuring accessibility, and serves as a visible outreach tool for ministry to the community.
- Settle into São Luís and began intensive language training and acculturation.
- Begin the Great Cities Missions plan to start a new congregation.
- Launch multiplying small groups that will spread throughout the city.
- Find, rent and prepare a temporary space to be used for worship services, classes, and office.
- Concentrate on outreach and growing a large faith community.
- Prepare members for their ministry in the church and community.
- Raise up national leaders who will lead the congregation.
- Begin the process of securing a permanent building.
- Plan other new congregations.