The S.A.F.E. Ministry (Supporting Adoption and Fostering Efforts) helps support foster and adoptive families in our community and in our church family.
To respond to God’s command to care for the least of these by equipping, supporting and serving people interested and/or involved in the adoption and fostering of children both in our community and church family.
There are many ways to get involved with S.A.F.E. including taking meals to families when children come into their homes, babysit for the foster training held at the building, donating baby/kid gear to foster and adoptive families, providing items & compiling first day bags full of essentials on the first night/day a child arrives into a home and more!
This past year we were able to:
- Supply backpacks and school supplies for 40 children being fostered through the Bair foundation
- Donate almost 50 dresses for the prom event hosted at Oak Hills for teens living in group homes.
- Raise over $7,000 for Sheltering Wings through our annual Artisan Fair in conjunction with Orphan Sunday.
- Deliver first day bags and meals to many families in our community who have welcomed children into their homes through adoption or foster care. and,
- Host training opportunities at Northside for local agencies including Bair Foundation and 4KIDS.
This year we hope to continue with our annual activities as well as encourage more families in our faith family and community to become educated and trained to open their hearts and homes to children in need.
For more information or to connect adoptive or foster families with S.A.F.E support services contact: Diana Batres