Dear Northside Family, for at least the next two Sundays, our face-to-face worship services will be cancelled. We hope all of you can participate in our online services. This Sunday’s service is particularly important because of two very important announcements. We hope you can join us this Sunday from your homes.
This was not an easy decision. All of us want to be back together again as soon as we can. But we have to be committed to the health and safety of our members and our community. Every physician we consulted urged us to cancel face-to-face services for a while. A number of congregations in the area have made the same decision.
The cases of the coronavirus in Bexar County are rapidly increasing. This increase cannot be explained as merely the result of more testing.
- An increasing number of those who get tests are being found to be positive.
The rate of hospitalizations in San Antonio from COVID-19 has increased 10% per day for more than a week.
- A large number of those who have been hospitalized locally are under the age of 35.
Around 40% of all patients who have contracted the disease were infected by someone spreading the virus before they had symptoms.
- Several of our members are reporting coronavirus cases at their workplace or among people they work closely with.
The link to Sunday’s service will be sent to everyone Saturday afternoon. The service will also be available on the church’s website and on the Northside Facebook page.
The fellowship of the Northside Family can survive these days. The pandemic will not last forever. The elders are especially committed to listening to and serving every member they can, both while we are apart and when we come back together.
Be safe. Look out for one another. Pray hard. Live in faith. God’s got this.
The Response Team
- Important! – Community Response to Coronavirus
- Message from the Northside COVID-19 Response Team
- Return to Worship at the Building June 7th [Updated June 19]
- Services June 21st Return to Online Only
- Covid-19 Update: When can we return to face-to-face worship?
- COVID-19 Response Team Update – August 21st, 2020
- COVID-19: Q&A with Dr. Bob Frolichstein
- In-person Services Planned for Sunday, September 27